Q&A w/ Spring Cover Girl: Grace Wethor
Get to know our spring 2019 cover girl, Grace Wethor, a little more as fashion journalist Cooper Felipe asks her Vogue’s 73 Questions. The model talks about opening NY Fashion week, riding a bicycle while doing a handstand and personal advice.
73 Questions with Grace Wethor | Volk Edition
Written by: Cooper Felipe
1. Describe yourself in a hashtag? #WayTooExtra
2. If you could do a love scene with anyone, who would it be? Yungblud
3. If your life was a musical, what would the marquee say? Too many flights
4. What’s one thing people don’t know about you? I read like 5 books a week.
5. What’s your wakeup ritual? Wake up, try not to check Instagram, Check Instagram, Tea.
6. What’s your go to bed ritual? Read, Instagram and meditations
7. What’s your favorite time of day? 7:45AM
8. Dream country to visit? Greece
9. What’s the biggest surprise you’ve had? I didn’t know I was opening NY Fashion Week until I showed up.
10. Heels or flats? Heels
11. Vintage or new? Both
12. Who do you want to write your obituary? Anna Wintour
13. Style icon? Cara Delevingne
14. What are three things you can’t live without? Lemons, Instagram, and my mom
15. What’s one ingredient you put in everything? Lemons
16. What 3 people living or dead would you like to make dinner for? Coco Channel, Cara Delevingne and Amy Winehouse
17. What’s your biggest fear in life? Not being able to do everything I want to do.
18. Window or aisle seat? Window
19. What’s your current TV obsession? Youtube Red
20. Favorite app? Instagram
21. Secret talent? I can do a handstand on a bicycle while it’s moving.
22. Most adventurous thing you’ve done in your life? Helicopter over the Grand Canyon.
23. How would you define yourself in three words? Just Keep Going
24. Favorite piece of clothing you own? My Louis Vuitton Palm Spring backpack
25. Must have clothing item everyone should have? Plaid pants
26. Superpower you would want? Mind Reading
27. What’s inspiring you in life right now? My Neighborhood
28. On a scale of 1-10, how excited are you about life right now? 9.5
29. Best advice you’d give your teenage self? If it doesn't happen right then and there, something will come from it in the future.
30. A book that everyone should read? My book: You’re So Lucky
31. What would you like to be remembered for? The people who are affected by what I do.
32. How do you define beauty? How you feel on the inside.
33. What do you love most about your body? My eyes
34. Best way to take a rest/decompress? Getting a facial
35. Favorite place to view art? The MOMA “Museum of Modern Art”
36. If your life were a song, what would the title be? Against All Odds
37. If you could master one instrument, what would it be? Violin
38. If you had a tattoo, where would it be? My finger
39. Dolphins or koalas? Dolphins
40. What’s your spirit animal? A horse
41. Best gift you’ve ever received? A second chance.
42. Best gift you’ve ever given? My book and my foundation.
43. What’s your favorite board game? Monopoly
44. What’s your favorite color? Red
45. Least favorite color? Yellow
46. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds
47. Drugstore makeup or designer? Designer
48. Blow-dry or air-dry? Air-dry
49. Pilates or yoga? Yoga
50. Coffee or tea? Tea
51. What’s the weirdest word in the English language? Moist
52. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate? Dark Chocolate
53. Stairs or elevator? Stairs
54. Summer or winter? Summer
55. You are stuck on an island, you can pick one food to eat forever without getting tired of it, what would you eat? Grilled cheese from hometown cafe.
56. A desert you don’t like? Cupcakes
57. A skill you’re working on mastering? Piano
58. Best thing to happen to you today? Collaboration with Instagram
59. Worst thing to happen to you today? Middle seat on the plane
60. Best compliment you’ve ever received? That I inspired someone to follow their dreams.
61. Favorite smell? Lemons
62. Hugs or kisses? Hugs
63. If you made a documentary, what would it be about? My journey after the brain tumor.
64. Last piece of content you consumed that made you cry? Netflix Christmas movies.
65. Lipstick or lip gloss? Lip Gloss
66. Sweet or savory? Savory
67. Girl crush? Cara Delevingne
68. Best experience to happen to you? My brain tumor, which is such a weird concept. I would not be doing what I am doing
69. Song you can listen to on repeat? Anything from Joji
70. If you could switch lives with someone for a day who would it be? Anna Wintour
71. What are you most excited about at this time in your life? Future collaborations
72. Your go to for having a good laugh? Good Mythical Morning
73. Your affirmation for today? Don’t fall asleep.
Photography: 4 Girls Glamour // Creative Director: Michaela Rae // Designer: Rammy Mohamed // Makeup: Farah Husain // Hair: Nikol Jorgensen // Floral: Uy-Lennon Florals // Publication: The Volk (spring 2019)